Spiritual wellness allows us to be in tune with our inner selves. This realm of wellness lets us find meaning in life events and define our individual purpose. Spirituality can stem from beliefs, faith, values, ethics or moral principles that provide purpose and direction in our lives. A healthy spirit helps us remain resilient and better prepared to face life’s challenges.
You can foster your spiritual wellness by:
- Exploring your inner self. Take time to think about who you are.
- Meditating or practicing mindful relaxation.
- Practicing acceptance.
- Being curious. If something happens that makes you even the slightest bit curious, take a moment to explore the experience a little deeper.
- Looking for a religious faith that aligns with your values.
- Traveling and experiencing other cultures.