Student Health and Counseling Services provides group and individual services for those seeking guidance concerning eating disorders.
- Individual Therapy
- Individual therapy often consists of 5 - 7 sessions, depending on needs.
- Long-Term Weekly Group Therapy
- You can participate in long-term weekly group therapy for up to four years. Nourish: A process group where members share their struggles while challenging and supporting each other in their recovery.
- Weekly Group Therapy
- HEAL: A 7-week workshop series addressing emotional eating. Focus is on body acceptance, distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness, mindfulness and emotional regulation. This workshop teaches specific skills, has practice assignments, and a workbook to aid members in their recovery process.
Continuing to HEAL: A 4-6 week guided meditation group for students who have completed the HEAL workshop series and are continuing to work on the skills developed.
- Community Referrals
- Referrals to community specialists and treatment programs for longer term or more intensive treatment are available as needed. Recommendations to off-campus therapists, psychiatrists and dieticians are also available. Learn more about how to obtain a community referral.