Dedicated to a Healthy Student Body
Quality, cost-sensitive care for all registered UC Davis students, regardless of insurance
- If this is an emergency call 911 immediately!
24 hour Phone Lines
Nearest Urgent Care
- 2020 Sutter Place, #101
Davis, CA 95616
- *For SHIP students this is the closest urgent care that is covered by SHIP.
- For non-SHIP students please check with your insurance provider for your urgent care treatment options.
Access to SHCS Services
Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) offers both medical and mental health urgent care services on the first floor of the Student Health & Wellness Center during normal hours of operation.
To provide you with the best possible care, please call the appointment desk before coming in.
The SHCS Blog is designed to keep students, staff and faculty informed about the services and programs we offer as well as updates and tips regarding healthy living.
May is National Bike Month! While you are celebrating Bike Month, remember to wear a helmet to protect your most valuable possession, your brain.
- Zika Virus Information: Traveling for spring break? Get all the information you need regarding the Zika virus.
- NEW! Self-Help Library: Here you will find books, websites, and mobile/tablet applications that are focused on health and wellness. These resources are designed to support self-help, promote wellness, and serve as adjunctive tools for SHCS services.
NEW! Budget-Friendly Nutrition Infographic
- Service Notification: Counseling Services is currently in the process of hiring additional counselors. Availability of services may be impacted during this process.
- Food Resources In and Around Davis, CA
- The American College Health Association National College Health Assessment II (ACHA-NCHA II) highlights results from a health survey of both UC Davis undergraduates and graduate and professional students regarding their health status, behaviors and beliefs on a wide range of topics.
- SHCS Service Overview: 2015-2016 Academic Year Resource Guide (PDF)
Top Health and Wellness Concerns for Students