Dedicated to a Healthy Student Body
Quality, cost-sensitive care for all registered UC Davis students, regardless of insurance
- If this is an emergency call 911 immediately!
24 hour Phone Lines
Nearest Urgent Care
- 2020 Sutter Place, #101
Davis, CA 95616
- *For SHIP students this is the closest urgent care that is covered by SHIP.
- For non-SHIP students please check with your insurance provider for your urgent care treatment options.
Access to SHCS Services
Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) offers both medical and mental health urgent care services on the first floor of the Student Health & Wellness Center during normal hours of operation.
To provide you with the best possible care, please call the appointment desk before coming in.
The SHCS Blog is designed to keep students, staff and faculty informed about the services and programs we offer as well as updates and tips regarding healthy living.
Social media reaches into countless aspects of our lives. Usage has increased over 1000 percent in the past eight years, and a 2014 study at UCLA found that more than a quarter of college students use social media more than six hours a day. Online posting and browsing affect your wellness in various ways. Learn how online posting and browsing can impact your wellness.
- NEW! One Balanced Kitchen Cookbook. You will find recipes that are easy to create, low in cost, high in nutrition, and short on time from start to finish. You will also find evidence based nutrition tips, tricks of the trade and cooking skills along the way.
- Service Notification: Counseling Services is currently in the process of hiring additional counselors. Availability of services may be impacted during this process.
- Student Prescription Savings Program: All registered UC Davis students receive a 25% discount on generic & 15% on brand prescriptions over $15* at the SHCS Pharmacy. *excludes insurance copays
- Food Resources In and Around Davis, CA
- The American College Health Association National College Health Assessment II (ACHA-NCHA II) highlights results from a health survey of both UC Davis undergraduates and graduate and professional students regarding their health status, behaviors and beliefs on a wide range of topics.
- SHCS Service Overview: 2015-2016 Academic Year Resource Guide (PDF)
Top Health and Wellness Concerns for Students