Dedicated to a Healthy Student Body
Quality, cost-sensitive care for all registered UC Davis students, regardless of insurance
- If this is an emergency call 911 immediately!
24 hour Phone Lines
Nearest Urgent Care
- 2020 Sutter Place, #101
Davis, CA 95616
- *For SHIP students this is the closest urgent care that is covered by SHIP.
- For non-SHIP students please check with your insurance provider for your urgent care treatment options.
Access to SHCS Services
Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) offers both medical and mental health urgent care services on the first floor of the Student Health & Wellness Center during normal hours of operation.
To provide you with the best possible care, please call the appointment desk before coming in.
The SHCS Blog is designed to keep students, staff and faculty informed about the services and programs we offer as well as updates and tips regarding healthy living.
Looking for a different way to enjoy lentils? The lentil sliders have a Mediterranean flair with the incorporation of fresh herbs, such as dill and parsley. This recipe is delicious paired with pita bread or whole wheat bread. The sliders are packed with heart healthy ingredients like walnuts and lentils. Did you know that walnuts lower bad cholesterol and raise heart health? The American Heart Association recommends eating 1.5 ounces (about a handful) of walnuts a day. Lentils are high in fiber. High fiber foods also help lower cholesterol, therefore improving heart health.
- NEW! One Balanced Kitchen Cookbook. You will find recipes that are easy to create, low in cost, high in nutrition, and short on time from start to finish. You will also find evidence based nutrition tips, tricks of the trade and cooking skills along the way.
- Service Notification: Counseling Services is currently in the process of hiring additional counselors. Availability of services may be impacted during this process.
- Student Prescription Savings Program: All registered UC Davis students receive a 25% discount on generic & 15% on brand prescriptions over $15* at the SHCS Pharmacy. *excludes insurance copays
- Food Resources In and Around Davis, CA
- The American College Health Association National College Health Assessment II (ACHA-NCHA II) highlights results from a health survey of both UC Davis undergraduates and graduate and professional students regarding their health status, behaviors and beliefs on a wide range of topics.
- SHCS Service Overview: 2015-2016 Academic Year Resource Guide (PDF)
Top Health and Wellness Concerns for Students