Dedicated to a Healthy Student Body
Quality, cost-sensitive care for all registered UC Davis students, regardless of insurance
- If this is an emergency call 911 immediately!
24 hour Phone Lines
Nearest Urgent Care
2020 Sutter Place, #101
Davis, CA 95616
- *For SHIP students this is the closest urgent care that is covered by SHIP.
- For non-SHIP students please check with your insurance provider for your urgent care treatment options.
Access to SHCS Services
Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) offers both medical and mental health urgent care services on the first floor of the Student Health & Wellness Center during normal hours of operation.
To provide you with the best possible care, please call the appointment desk before coming in.
The SHCS Blog is designed to keep students, staff and faculty informed about the services and programs we offer as well as updates and tips regarding healthy living.
Summertime is a joyous time for many, whether you are choosing to spend it by embarking on a grand adventure, or simply relaxing and enjoying the sunshine. Unfortunately, the heat can bring some danger, but don’t let that get you down! We’ve broken down five of summer’s most common hazards with helpful guidelines for how to avoid or treat them. We’ll leave you to have the fun!
Have you ever wondered how much a person spends on average for each drug? The information in this blog post shows the average dollar amount a person spends in a given time frame on marijuana, methamphetamines, cocaine, and heroin.
- SHCS is granted another 3-year accreditation.
- Meningitis Advisory. Get the information you need
- Measles is back. Find out what you need to know.
- The online waiver application for Fall Quarter is now open.
- Traveling? Get the information you need about Ebola.
- SHCS Counseling Services appointments have been restructured in order to reduce wait times.
- SHCS Service Overview: 2014-2015 Academic Year Resource Guide (PDF)
- The Student Insurance Advocate Program is a service offered at no charge to all UC Davis Students. When you have questions about your health insurance, whether about the UC Davis Student Health Insurance Plan (Davis SHIP) or other health insurance you may have, we have a resource to give you the answers!
- Each Aggie Matters unites the tens of thousands of students, faculty, and staff at UC Davis in an effort to have an open and affirming dialogue about mental health.
- Social Survival Guide - Skills for College Life (PDF)
- Urgent Mental Health Care Services are now available in the urgent care clinic at the Student Health and Wellness Center.