Accidents happen independently of how safely you ride and the best thing you can do to protect yourself from an unexpected accident is to wear a helmet.
Helmet Hair Don't Care
Sign the HHDC Pledge - Get a FREE helmet!
Helmet Hair Don’t Care aims to:
- Increase access to safe and comfortable helmets
- Improve students' knowledge of how to safely ride bikes, skateboards and scooters on campus and in the community
- Create a positive culture around helmets at UC Davis
Students, staff, and faculty can receive a FREE helmet by completing a short educational training and signing the HHDC pledge. By completing the training and signing the pledge, you’re joining a community of individuals dedicated to improving transportation safety at UC Davis.
Steps to get a free helmet:
- Complete the short HHDC Educational training and sign the pledge.
- Check your email for a confirmation message.
- Visit the Bike Barn or Health Education and Promotion (be ready to show the confirmation email) to get your free helmet.
Sponsors: Student Health and Counseling Services, Healthy UC Davis, Transportation and Parking Services, and The ASUCD Bike Barn
Bike Education and Resources
Are you looking for general information about bicycle safety and maintenance resources? Check out these resources to help you feel like a more confident biker on and off campus: