Social wellness focuses on building and nurturing meaningful and supportive relationships with individuals, groups and communities. It enables you to create boundaries that encourage communication, trust and conflict management. Social wellness also includes showing respect for others, oneself and other cultures.
You can foster your social wellness by:
- Reflecting on yourself and your social needs. What aspects of your social life do you enjoy? What parts would you like to improve?
- Making an effort to keep in touch with supportive friends, family and mentors.
- Participating in group discussions and practicing active listening.
- Joining a club or organization.
- Participating in study groups.
- Volunteering in the community.