Physical wellness is the ability to maintain a quality of life that allows you to get the most out of your daily activities without undue fatigue or physical stress. Physical wellness recognizes that our daily habits and behaviors have an impact on our overall health, well-being and quality of life.
You can foster your physical wellness by:
- Finding time to move your body. Try to move your body in a way that increases your heart rate everyday for at least 30 minutes. You can even break up your daily 30 minutes into three ten-minute bouts!
- Using the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator, if you’re able.
- Learning to recognize warning signs when your body begins feeling ill.
- Eating foods that make you feel good.
- Maintaining a regular sleep schedule and get between 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Practicing safer sex and getting yourself tested for STIs, including HIV, at least annually if you are sexually active.