Occupational wellness allows you to explore various career options and encourages you to pursue the opportunities you enjoy the most. This dimension of well-being recognizes the importance of satisfaction, enrichment and meaning through work.
You can foster your occupational wellness by:
- Reflecting often – where do you find joy and meaning in your life?
- Keeping an open mind.
- Taking advantage of career service resources.
- Exploring different career and/or volunteer opportunities that arise.
- Practicing open communication and proper conflict management with your colleagues.
- Setting realistic career goals for yourself and working towards accomplishing these goals.