What Do We Do?
Health Education and Promotion uses a health equity lens to foster environments, institutional practices and a campus culture that promote student well-being and academic success.
Student health and well-being intentionally embedded throughout UC Davis.
- Evidence-Informed Action: We apply a public health approach to ensure that all of our activities are as effective as possible.
- Social Justice: We center students who experience marginalization to advocate for initiatives that promote the best health outcomes for all students.
- Student-Centricity: We involve students in all efforts to ensure that our initiatives are relevant to their lived experiences.
- Collaboration: We build relationships with campus and community partners to embed health and wellness in all campus policies and practices.
- Trauma-Informed Practice: We acknowledge that many students have experienced trauma, and we strive to fully integrate this awareness into policies, procedures and practices to actively resist retraumatization.
- HEP’s 2017-2020 Strategic Plan
- HEP’s 2017-2018 Annual Report
- Spring 2019 America College Health Association-National College Health Assessment student health data
Follow us on Social media
- UC Davis Love Lab @ucdlovelab
- Each Aggie Matters @eachaggiematters
- Safe Party @ucdsafeparty