Overview of Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
Due to a statewide outbreak of Pertussis (Whooping Cough), the California Department of Public Health urges you to get the Tdap vaccination. Make an appointment at SHCS Medical Services for a tetanus/acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine today. It is always helpful to have your immunization records available for review at the time of your visit.
- Pertussis is a highly contagious respiratory tract infection that causes a harsh cough lasting 6 weeks or longer.
- Immunity from childhood pertussis vaccine wears off by mid to late teens.
- The CDC recommends a single Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) booster shot for adults.
How We Can Help
- If you would like to be seen by our medical staff, please contact our Appointment Desk to schedule an appointment.
- Also, our Advice Nurse service is available at no charge for all UC Davis students to discuss health concerns and the need for medical care.
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough) (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)