We've included a list of physical wellness resources specifically for the Black and African Diaspora community. If you have any suggestions for improving this page, please email us at email@example.com.
- The Black Food Bloggers Club: Here to help you diversify your food media consumption and connect with black food bloggers from around the globe
- Cookbooks by Black Authors
- Black-Owned Restaurants in Sacramento
- Afrovibes: AfroVibes is a multicultural dance group that focuses on African/ Afro-Caribbean cultural and artistic traditions through a diverse range of music and dance. The goal of this organization is to demonstrate both the similarities and differences between the rich cultures within the African Diaspora while catering to diverse identities on campus. We provide performances, dance workshops and other activities that represent modern and contemporary dance forms of the African Diaspora.
- Black Men Run Sacramento: The mission is to encourage health and wellness among African American men by promoting a culture of running to stay fit. This group is open to beginners and advanced runners. We are here to be a support group. Join the Sacramento Black Men Run fan page to stay informed.
- Black Girls RUN Sacramento: The mission of Black Girls RUN! is to encourage African-American women to make fitness and healthy living a priority. Join our Facebook group to stay connected!
- Black Women Hike: A Black women’s hiking group based in Sacramento trying to enjoy the company of other Black women in nature.
- Outdoor Afro: Outdoor Afro has become the nation’s leading, cutting edge network that celebrates and inspires Black connections and leadership in nature. We are a national not for profit organization with leadership networks around the country.
- Women of Color Sexual Health Network (WOCSHN): WOCSHN's mission is to create opportunities for inclusion and retention of people of color - with a focus on women and gender expansive people of color - in the fields of sexuality, sexual science, and sexology and challenge the white supremacy these fields were built upon.
- Greater Than AIDS: A sexual health organization that works to increase knowledge and understanding of HIV and confront the stigma surrounding it, while promoting actions to stem its spread.