Dedicated to a Healthy Student Body
Quality, cost-sensitive care for all registered UC Davis students, regardless of insurance
Effective September 1st, 2014, Counseling Services at North Hall will see students by scheduled appointments only. Drop-in visits will no longer be available at North Hall. Learn more about the changes to Counseling Services.
- If this is an emergency call 911 immediately!
24 hour Phone Lines
Nearest Urgent Care
2020 Sutter Place, #101
Davis, CA 95616
- *For SHIP students this is the closest urgent care that is covered by SHIP.
- For non-SHIP students please check with your insurance provider for your urgent care treatment options.
Access to SHCS Services
Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) offers both medical and mental health urgent care services on the first floor of the Student Health & Wellness Center during normal hours of operation.
To provide you with the best possible care, please call the appointment desk before coming in.
The SHCS Blog is designed to keep students, staff and faculty informed about the services and programs we offer as well as updates and tips regarding healthy living.
Whether you’re a new or a returning student to UC Davis, it is always a good idea to get involved on campus! There are multiple ways to get involved, such as joining clubs or organizations, participating in student government or even exploring cultures and identities. There is no time like the present, so get involved today!
Stay ahead by staying hydrated. It is important to keep yourself properly hydrated even before signs of dehydration begin to appear. Water serves many purposes in your body, and it is essential for you to keep yourself hydrated in order to maintain optimal health.
- The online waiver application is currently closed and will re-open once updates have been completed. The tentative date for the waiver application to re-open is November 10th, 2014.
- Traveling? Get the information you need about Ebola.
- CDC advice about Ebola for colleges, universities, and students.
- SHCS Counseling Services appointments have been restructured in order to reduce wait times.
- SHCS Service Overview: 2014-2015 Academic Year Resource Guide (PDF)
- The Student Insurance Advocate Program is a service offered at no charge to all UC Davis Students. When you have questions about your health insurance, whether about the UC Davis Student Health Insurance Plan (Davis SHIP) or other health insurance you may have, we have a resource to give you the answers!
- Each Aggie Matters unites the tens of thousands of students, faculty, and staff at UC Davis in an effort to have an open and affirming dialogue about mental health.
- Social Survival Guide - Skills for College Life (PDF)
- Urgent Mental Health Care Services are now available in the urgent care clinic at the Student Health and Wellness Center.
Top Health and Wellness Concerns for Students
- Healthy Eating
- Safe Partying (Alcohol Risk Reduction)
- Injury Prevention
- Information About All SHCS Services