Helmet Hair, Don't Care!
What is the Helmet Hair Don’t Care Pledge?
The Helmet Hair Don’t Care pledge aims to increase UC Davis students’ access to safe and comfortable helmets. Students that sign the pledge will be given a free helmet and a reflective sticker to show their commitment to the pledge. By signing the pledge, students are joining a community of individuals dedicated to decreasing the number of bicycle crash-related injuries.
10 Reasons You Should Sign the Helmet Hair Don’t Care Pledge
- To protect your brain, head and face.
- It's free at the Bike Barn.
- Use it to start a trend.
- Increase awareness of smart biking behaviors on campus.
- Hide a bad hair day.
- Avoid a concussion.
- To keep your head dry when it rains.
- Prevent injuries and potentially expensive health and/or medical bills.
- To protect your head from bird droppings and squirrels falling from trees.
- To make a fashion statement. #swag
How do I sign the pledge and collect my helmet?
- You can sign the Helmet Hair Don’t Care Pledge electronically or at an on-campus event.
- If you sign the pledge electronically, print out the confirmation page and take it to the Bike Barn to redeem it for a free helmet and reflective sticker.
- If you sign the pledge at an event, take your pledge card to the Bike Barn to redeem it for a free helmet and reflective sticker.
- We think your friends probably want a free helmet too. Tell them about the Helmet Hair Don’t Care pledge and share your experience on Instagram and Facebook! #helmethairdontcare
Sponsors: Student Health and Counseling Services, Safety Services, The Bike Barn