Schedule or Cancel an Appointment
Walk-in vaccination is also available Monday through Friday from 9:30 - 11:30 AM and 1:00 - 4:30 PM on days that SHCS is open. If you need two or fewer vaccinations, no appointment is necessary. Just check-in on the second floor of the Student Health and Wellness Center (in Primary Care).
How to Make a Medical or Counseling Service Appointment
You can either make an appointment in person or call (530) 752-2349 and speak with one of our appointment desk staff. The Appointment Desk follows the same Hours of Operation, however it closes at 5:00PM. Counseling Services for Med Students or Vet Med Students are scheduled through a different process.
- Be sure to have your class and work schedule with you before calling.
- Please check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Registration stations are located in each waiting area.
- If you are late for your scheduled appointment time, you may be asked to re-schedule. Please keep this in mind when scheduling your appointment.
- Please note that appointments are limited in length and you may be asked to schedule a follow-up appointment(s) if you have multiple concerns or your care requires more than the allotted time.
- If you cannot make your appointment, please cancel your appointment (see below).
- Some appointments have questionnaires that need to be filled out before your appointment. If a questionnaire is required, in most cases it will show up on the homepage when you log in to Health-e-Messaging.
- Scheduling a Counseling Service Appointment for Vet Med Student
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (530) 752-0871 and be sure to tell us that you are a Vet Med Student. Please let us know all of your available open times for an appointment (days of the week and times of the day) and we will try to schedule an appointment with one of the Vet Med Counselors at the SHCS Vet Med School Counseling office (Schalm Hall).
- Scheduling a Counseling Service Appointment for Med Students
- Call us at (530) 752-0871 and be sure to tell us that you are a Med Student or leave a message for one of the School of Medicine Counselors. Or email us at email@example.com.
If you cannot make your appointment, please let us know so we can make your time slot available to other students. There are two easy ways to cancel your appointment that are available 24-hours a day:
- Call our Appointment Cancellation Message Line at (530) 752-8821 and leave a message.
- Log in to Health-e-Messaging and use the "Appointments" page to view and cancel your scheduled appointment(s).
Medical Service Appointments
Primary Care Providers
All students have been assigned a primary care provider at SHCS Medical Services. To improve continuity of care, you will be asked to make future appointments with this provider. You can view or change your primary care provider by logging in to Health-e-Messaging and selecting the "Profile" option. Providers were assigned randomly, unless our staff was able to determine a regular provider from your appointment history.