Schedule or Cancel an Appointment
The UC Davis Student Health & Wellness Center utilizes the newest technology and the latest trends in student healthcare to enhance student visits and delivery of care.
North Hall was one of the three original dormitories on the UC Davis Campus, and was completed on September 6, 1908.
Walk-in vaccination is also available Monday through Friday from 9:00-11:30 am and 1:00-4:30 pm on days that SHCS is open. If you need two or fewer vaccinations, no appointment is necessary. Just check-in on the second floor of the Student Health and Wellness Center (in Primary Care).
Medical Service Appointments
Primary Care Providers
All students have been assigned a primary care provider at SHCS Medical Services. To improve continuity of care, you will be asked to make future appointments with this provider. You can view or change your primary care provider by logging in to Health-e-Messaging and selecting the "Profile" option. Providers were assigned randomly, unless our staff was able to determine a regular provider from your appointment history.
Appointments on the Day You Call
SHCS Medical Services is also implementing Open Access Scheduling for all primary care appointments. This means that regardless of the reason of your visit, our goal is to have you seen by your primary care provider/team on the day that you call. This also means that you will be asked to call for an appointment on the day that you want to be seen. If appointments are full, you may be asked to call back the next business day (or seen in our Urgent Care if appropriate). Some appointments like our dietitian, specialists, and physical therapist will require scheduling in advance. If you have any questions, please contact the Appointment Desk.
How to Make an Appointment
- Be sure to have your class and work schedule with you before calling.
- Please check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Registration stations are located each waiting area.
- If you are late for your scheduled appointment time, you may be asked to re-schedule. Please keep this in mind when scheduling your appointment.
- Please note that appointments are limited in length and you may be asked to schedule a follow-up appointment(s) if you have multiple concerns or your care requires more than the allotted time.
- If you cannot make your appointment, please cancel your appointment (see below).
- Some appointments have questionnaires that need to be filled out before your appointment. If a questionnaire is required, it will show up on the homepage when you log in to Health-e-Messaging.
If you cannot make your appointment, please let us know so we can make your time slot available to other students. There are two easy ways to cancel your appointment that are available 24-hours a day:
- Call our Appointment Cancellation Message Line at (530) 752-8821 and leave a message.
- Log in to Health-e-Messaging and use the "Appointments" page to view and cancel your scheduled appointment(s).
CAPS - Mental Health Service Appointments
First Appointments (Initial Consultation)
CAPS offers both scheduled appointments (Initial Consultation) and counseling by drop-in (Urgent Care) for students seeking CAPS services for the first time. To schedule an appointment please call (530) 752-0871, or drop-in to our North Hall location to speak directly with our Registration staff.
Follow Up or Rescheduling Appointments
If you are a current CAPS client seeking to schedule / reschedule an appointment with your counselor, please contact your counselor directly by one of the following methods:
- Call (530) 752-0871 and enter your counselor's extension number.
- Contact your provider via Health-e-Messaging.
Canceling an Appointment
If you are a current CAPS client seeking to cancel an appointment with your counselor, please call (530) 752-0871 and speak to Registration, or leave a voice message.
You may also choose to cancel an appointment and leave a message for your provider via Health-e-Messaging.