Appeal of UC SHIP Waiver Denials
If you applied for a UC SHIP waiver and your waiver was denied, you may appeal the decision in writing.
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE FILING AN APPEAL:
- If your waiver was denied because you missed the waiver application deadline, DO NOT FILE AN APPEAL. No leniency is granted with regard to the waiver deadline, and appeals made on this basis WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. If you missed the waiver deadline because you were admitted to the University after the waiver deadline, you may fill out a Late Waiver Application at the Insurance Services office at the Student Health and Wellness Center.
- Your appeal must be submitted to the Insurance Services office at the Student Health and Wellness Center WITHIN TWO WEEKS of the date of notice of denial. Appeals received after the two-week grace period WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Appeals will be considered for the current term only. Waivers granted on appeal will NOT be applied to any previous school term.
- Evaluation of your appeal will be based on the comparability guidelines in effect at the time of the original waiver application.
- You will need to provide a copy of your current insurance card and documentation stating the correct information regarding your current plan benefits.
If you still want to file an appeal of your UC SHIP waiver denial, download the UC SHIP Appeal of Waiver Denial form (pdf) and submit the completed form to Insurance Services at the Student Health and Wellness Center within two weeks of the date of notice of your waiver denial.
Some of the files on this site are provided in portable document format (pdf). A program that can read and/or print pdf files, like Adobe Acrobat Reader, may be required