Student Insurance Advocate Program
Cost: No charge.
Eligibility: All UC Davis Students
Access: By phone: (844) 779-1859 or Email: StudentIA@barneyandbarney.com
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM PST
Other Related Services: SHCS Insurance Services
The Student Insurance Advocate Program is a service available at no charge for all UC Davis Students. When you have questions about your health insurance, whether about the UC Davis Student Health Insurance Plan (Davis SHIP) or other health insurance you may have, we have a resource to give you the answers! We’re partnering with Barney & Barney, an Insurance Firm, to offer this concierge resource.
Services Provided by The Student Insurance Advocate Program
The world of healthcare has become increasingly complex. Knowing which insurance option to choose, how to enroll and how much it will cost are just some of the questions the Student Insurance Advocates are ready to assist you with. You can also get answers to:
- How do I know what type of coverage I need?
- How much should a good plan cost?
- Is Davis SHIP the best health insurance plan for me?
- Can I stay on my parent’s insurance plan?
- What about insurance plans available through Covered California...
How do they compare?
- How do I enroll in a new insurance plan?
- I’m graduating soon. Can you help me find a new insurance plan?
- Can I wait until later to decide...
What are the deadlines?
Contacting The Student Insurance Advocates
The team of Student Insurance Advocates is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- Phone: (844) 779-1859
This program is endorsed by the UC Davis Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS). This service is not affiliated with any single company or carrier, and is available at no charge to all UC Davis students.