The UC Davis Student Health & Wellness Center utilizes the newest technology and the latest trends in student healthcare to enhance student visits and delivery of care.
Information for the 2014-2015 Insurance Plan
Contacting SHCS Insurance Services
SHCS Insurance Services is located on the Second floor of the Student Health and Wellness Center. Stop by, send a Health-e-Message, or call us.
All Students can use SHCS Services
It is important to note that SHCS services are available to all registered UC Davis students regardless of their health insurance coverage.
Health Insurance Requirement
Unless you are in the Working Professional MBA Program you are required to have health insurance. To help you meet the Health Insurance Requirement, UC Davis automatically enrolls all registered students in the UC Davis Student Health Insurance Plan (Davis SHIP) (If you are a medical student your health insurance is provided through the School of Medicine).
- If you want to be enrolled in Davis SHIP, you are automatically enrolled — no action is required.
- If you have comparable insurance and do not want to be enrolled in UC SHIP, you must apply for a Davis SHIP waiver by the date specified for your school. The services at Student Health and Counseling Services are available to all students, even if you waive Davis SHIP.
Fees for Davis SHIP coverage are charged to your student account each term along with your registration fees. Davis SHIP benefits, costs, and dates of coverage are updated every June for the coming year.
Davis SHIP Benefits Information 2014-2015
Davis SHIP medical insurance coverage is provided by Aetna Student Health. UC Davis continues to participate in the system-wide UC SHIP coverage for both vision and dental coverage.
*Note to providers: If you would like information about joining the Aetna Student Health network to be able to provide services to UC Davis students at in-network rates, please contact Aetna Student Health 1 (855) 821-9710.
Davis SHIP combines medical, mental health, dental and vision coverage under one plan and is available for all registered UC Davis Students.
On campus medical, mental health and vision services are offered by Student Health and Counseling Services at the Student Health and Wellness Center and at North Hall. Dental services are not available on campus, but are available in the Davis community.
- Davis SHIP Medical Benefits (provided by Aetna Student Health)
- UC SHIP Vision Benefits (provided by Anthem Blue Cross)
- UC SHIP Dental Benefits (provided by Delta Dental)