The UC Davis Student Health & Wellness Center utilizes the newest technology and the latest trends in student healthcare to enhance student visits and delivery of care.
Updates for 2013-2014 Insurance and Waiver Information
Updates for the 2013-2014 Insurance Plan and access to submit waivers will be available by mid June.
Contacting SHCS Insurance Services
SHCS Insurance Services is located on the Second floor of the Student Health and Wellness Center. Stop by, send a Health-e-Message, or call us.
All Students can use SHCS Services
It is important to note that SHCS services are available to all registered UC Davis students regardless of their health insurance coverage.
Health Insurance Requirement
Unless you are in the Working Professional MBA Program you are required to have health insurance. To help you meet the Health Insurance Requirement, UC Davis automatically enrolls all registered students in the University of California Student Health Insurance Plan (UC SHIP) (If you are a med student your health insurance is provided through the School of Medicine).
- If you want to be enrolled in UC SHIP, you are automatically enrolled — no action is required.
- If you have comparable insurance and do not want to be enrolled in UC SHIP, you must apply for a UC SHIP waiver by the date specified for your school. The services at Student Health and Counseling Services are available to all students, even if you waive UC SHIP.
Fees for UC SHIP coverage are charged to your student account each term along with your registration fees. UC SHIP benefits, costs, and dates of coverage are updated every June for the coming year.
UC SHIP Benefits Information 2012-2013
The University of California Student Health Insurance Plan (UC SHIP) is designed specifically for UC students with both Davis area and worldwide coverage.
UC SHIP combines medical, mental health and vision services offered by Student Health and Counseling Services at the Student Health and Wellness Center and at North Hall, including dental benefits for services that are not available on campus. Together, the medical, mental health, dental and vision insurance form UC SHIP.
- UC SHIP Medical Benefits (provided by Anthem Blue Cross)
- UC SHIP Vision Benefits (provided by Anthem Blue Cross)
- UC SHIP Dental Benefits (provided by Delta Dental)